2014年2月2日星期日

Task 8

Point of view

Today i'm gonna talk about the point of view in By the life of my father's smile, i would firstly say that this is an amazing book!!! Although there is no vampires or were-wolfs that i loved for many years, but still, i learned a lot from this book.

"my daughter's dark eyes were wide open. Frank. She allowed them to be mirrors for Pauline. Behind them, of course, she was deep in though."

"I was so astonished by this breach of propriety, especially as I noticed her parents looking on."

"My wife did not see this as a problem. Leave the child alone, she advised as we prepared for bed at night, children are curious!"

By these sentences we can find out that this book is written by the first person point of view. and it seems like the first person is the father of this family. But from the tittle of the book "by the light of my father's smile". you would maybe get a impression like the first person is maybe the daughter, and she will maybe talk like“my father blablabla...”. Or actually that's what i thought!! And that's why i didn't understand the book in the beginning.

By the way i really like this sentence: when life descends into the pit, I must become my own candle, willingly burning myself, to light up the darkness around me.  

1 条评论:

  1. You can ask me if you're not sure about the point of view (who the "I" is), and we could look at it together.
    Leaving comments is a little difficult because of all the Chinese characters, so that might be worth changing.

    回复删除